Tuesday 25 February 2014

Teddies & Poems


 


Called to be a chaplain,
Jesus’ love to share.
Busy in the hospital
I am a ministering bear.

Called to be a nursing angel
My Red Cross on my chest.
Bringing healing to others
is the thing that I do best.

When you're in the hospital
when you're feeling sick.
Call out for one of us
and we'll minister to you - quick!
We’ll bring along a bed pan.
We’ll say a prayer with you.
And if none of that helps.
Then we’ll put the kettle on for a brew.






COMPASSION



You are sitting there all patched and sad
is there a way that I can reach ya?
Can I help? What can I do?
Trust me I'm the teddy teacher.
If you had worked harder at School.
Then you wouldn’t be in this mess.
Look at you all scruffy and patched!
What a sorry state of dress!

I can’t be bothered to listen to you.
You have nothing of worth to say.
I have more important things to do.
I cannot spare you the time of day.

My compassion has dissolved
I cannot empathise with you.
I don’t understand your problems.
Not interested in your point of view.

But…wait I’ve had it easy.
In your life, you’ve really had to try.
Maybe I should be a bit kinder,
 there but for the grace of God…go I?

It’s easier to judge other people.
Thinking they’re a waster or a dope.
When really all they need is kindness,
love, concern …and hope.


CRYING 



When you’re feeling stressed out and you can’t stand the strain.
When it’s all too much and life is a pain.

When you’re feeling hormonal or just at your worst.
When if you don’t scream out loud you feel that you’ll burst.

When some man has hassled you, moaned at you or annoyed.
When you feel that life is yawning out like a great big void.

When you’re feeling hung over and the worse for wear.
When the world is against you and ‘they’ don’t care.









My name is teddy gaga, I am a party ted.
I like to knock back the Baileys and get right off my head.

I got drunk at the weekend; I drank Baileys faster and faster.
I don't know how I'd have got home safe, but for the help of a street pastor.

I was struggling in my high heels and to the street I drops.
Thank goodness for their comfort and for their free flip flops.

My head was throbbing, my feet ached, I was a very sore ted,
But thanks to the pastor comforting me - I am on my way to being sorted.

They gave me a holding cross and told me about our saviour.
Now I'm saved, too. Cut down on the booze, no longer a little raver.


new version written after Steet Angels talk 


My name is teddy gaga, I am a party ted.
I like to knock back the Baileys and get right off my head.

We're doing the latest craze - It's called neknominate.
But oo-er all those Baileys haven't left me feeling so great.

The street angeks have helped me they showed me love and care.
They mopped me up, gave me a lollipop and offered me a prayer!

I was struggling in my high heels and to the street I drops.
Thank goodness for their comfort and for their free flip flops.

My head was throbbing, my feet ached, I was a very sore ted,
But thanks to the angels comforting me - I am on my way to being sorted.

They gave me a holding cross and told me about our saviour.
Now I'm saved, too. Cut down on the booze, no longer a little raver.

for more info on Street angels - www.sa-cni.org.uk






CHERISHED



I‘m there for you
four little words.
But they mean such a great deal.
I care for you
It hardly covers
The range of emotions that I feel.

I'm bearly able to understand your troubles
I’m listening to you from the tips of my paws to my nose.
I’m there for you; you're my honey, my sweet.
My Friend, Please accept this rose.




Said one polar bear to the other.
I love you as much as my brother
Said the second bear; I am as pleased as can be.
For you are as precious as a sister to me.

Is this what grace is?
I can’t understand fully…
That you, my friend
Love me unconditionally.





CELEBRATION


Come and join our party.
We've food and love to share.
Everyone is welcome
Especially if you're a teddy bear.

We're having a picnic communion.
We'll sing and say a prayer.
Come and join our celebration.
A warm welcome for every bear.

Come along to our party
Come and share the joy.
There’s room for everybody.
There’s room for every teddy toy



No comments:

Post a Comment